Advertisement

Small kitchen fire extinguished by Kelowna firefighters

The fire department said crews quickly doused the fire, which caused smoke and minor damage to the kitchen area. Global News

Kelowna firefighters knocked down a small kitchen fire on Tuesday night.

According to the Kelowna Fire Department, the fire happened inside a residence along the 2300 block of Richter Street, at around 8:45 p.m.

The fire department said crews quickly doused the fire, which caused smoke and minor damage to the kitchen area.

Read more: Kelowna Fire Department extinguishes garage fire, kitchen fire within 12-hour span

There were no injuries, with the single occupant and his pet exiting the home. The fire is not considered suspicious.

Four fire engines and 18 firefighters responded to the incident.

Click to play video 'Lint buildup causes fire at Kelowna laundromat' Lint buildup causes fire at Kelowna laundromat
Lint buildup causes fire at Kelowna laundromat – Aug 21, 2020
Advertisement