Every summer, the health unit collects water samples from public beaches. When elevated levels of E. coli are present in water samples, a swimming advisory indicating that it’s unsafe to swim may be posted, or the beach may be closed.
- Little Lake Park Midland Beach in Midland, Ont.
- All beaches in Ramara, Ont.
- Centennial Park and Beach in Barrie, Ont.
- Minet’s Point Park and Beach in Barrie, Ont.
- Muskoka Beach Park in Gravenhurst, Ont.
- Port Sydney Beach in Huntsville, Ont.
- Innisfil Beach Park North in Innisfil, Ont.
- Pete Pettersen Park Beach in Midland, Ont.
- Huronia Park in Penetanguishene, Ont.
- Washago Centennial Park Beach in Severn, Ont.
All other public beaches are open in Simcoe County and Muskoka.