Firefighters battled a garage fire in northwest Calgary on Monday.
The Calgary Fire Department said crews responded to the 100 block of Sage Bank Link N.W. after 7:20 p.m.
First alarm crews arrived to find a fully involved fire at a detached double garage behind the house, according to the CFD.
Several small explosions were occurring in the garage, possibly resulting from things like propane tanks, paint cans and tires popping, the CFD explained.
“We don’t know what the explosions were,” said North District CFD Chief Dennis Raven. “It’s under investigation.”
Two people were working in the garage at the time of the fire and were able to escape, according to the CFD.
Surrounding buildings were evacuated and there was radiant heat damage to those homes, the CFD said.
There were no reports of injuries.
The CFD said the fire was under control by 7:50 p.m.