Here’s a list of what’s open and closed on Monday, Oct. 14 in Toronto.
- Eaton Centre (11 a.m. to 7 p.m.), Square One (11 a.m. to 6 p.m.), Vaughan Mills (10 a.m. to 7 p.m.), Toronto Premium Outlets (9:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.), Upper Canada Mall (11 a.m. to 6 p.m.) and Pacific Mall (11 a.m. to 8 p.m.)
- Toronto Island Ferry and Toronto Island Park
- Riverdale Farm, High Park Zoo, Centennial Park and Allan Gardens conservatories, Evergreen Brick Works, Fort York National Historic Site, Spadina Museum and Bata Shoe Museum
- Royal Ontario Museum, Toronto Zoo, Art Gallery of Ontario, Hockey Hall of Fame, Ripley’s Aquarium, CN Tower, Legoland Discovery Centre and the Ontario Science Centre
- Select grocery stores, including Rabba Fine Foods locations, the Metro at College Park, Maple Leaf Gardens Loblaws on Carlton Street and Pusateri’s (Avenue Road, Yorkville and Eaton Centre locations).
- Select Beer Stores (11 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Movie theatres
- Several types of businesses, including restaurants and bars, small retail stores and gas stations have the option to stay open on civic holidays, but it’s best to call ahead. Retail businesses in designated tourist areas such as Yorkville, downtown Yonge Street, Queens Quay West and the Distillery District are also allowed to remain open.
- The TTC is running on a holiday service schedule
- GO Transit is running on a Sunday schedule
- Gardiner Expressway is closed for most of the long weekend. The closure takes effect Friday at 11:59 p.m. and runs until 5 a.m. on Monday for fall maintenance and repairs.
- Federal, provincial and municipal government offices
- Most retail locations and malls, including Fairview Mall, Sherway Gardens, Scarborough Town Centre and Yorkdale Shopping Centre
- Canada Post will have no mail collection or delivery on Monday
- Most grocery stores
- LCBO locations
- Most Beer Stores, however select locations are open
- Toronto Public Library branches (closed Sunday and Monday)
Pumpkinfest Toronto festival will take place at Downsview Park from Saturday, Oct. 12 to Monday, Oct. 14 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m each day.
High Park Zoo, which features domestic and exotic animals, is open daily from 8 a.m. to dusk, including on Thanksgiving Day.
Families can enjoy a self-directed tour at Riverdale Farm and visit a farmer at 11:30 a.m. at the lower Francey Barn. The farm is open daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m, including on Thanksgiving Day.
If you’re looking to take in the fall colours, consider heading down to parks along one of the GTA’s major rivers and you might also see salmon migrating north.