Advertisement

Burnt bacon puts Brandon bumblers behind bars

Overcooked bacon is apparently to blame for an incident at a Brandon apartment in the early hours of Wednesday morning.

Brandon police said they were called, along with local firefighters, to a 20th Street residence after neighbours reported smoke coming from an apartment.

Police said the door to the apartment had to be breached, and once inside, they found two intoxicated people, passed out.

READ MORE: Winnipeg house fire caused by unattended pot of oil on stove

The excessive smoke was caused by bacon cooking on the stove that had been left to burn.

The 24-year-old man and 26-year-old woman in the suite were lodged at Brandon Correctional Centre after being treated in hospital.

Story continues below advertisement

WATCH: Winnipeg fire crews battle house fire in North End

Click to play video: 'Winnipeg fire crews battle house fire in North End' Winnipeg fire crews battle house fire in North End
Winnipeg fire crews battle house fire in North End – May 17, 2019

Sponsored content