WINNIPEG – Many rural roads have been closed in Manitoba due to flood water on the road and washouts.
Cautions have also been issued for many provincial roads.
The closures and warnings started after firefighters had to rescue a girl from icy flood water after she and her dad got stuck in their vehicle in April.
- PR 240, from Highway 3 to Highway 23, west of Morden, due to water over the road.
- PR 415, from 4.6 kilometres east of PR 518 for 8.6 kilometres, due to a washout.
- PR 416, for 2.5 kilometres north of PR 415, due to a washout.
- PR 579, 13 kilometres west of Highway 16 for one kilometre, due to a washout.
- PR 481, three kilometres north of Highway 68 north of Eddystone, due to rough sections.
- PR 481, 23 kilometres north of Highway 68 north of Eddystone, due to rough sections.
- PR 579, 1.8 kilometres north of PR 478 south of Millwood, due to rough sections, soft and muddy.
- Harwill Main Market Road, 11.2 kilometres west of PR 224, due to water on the road.