Two children were taken to hospital after a fire broke out in their Forest Lawn home on Tuesday.
Firefighters arriving at a duplex in the 2000 block of 39 Street S.E. at around 2:30 a.m. found smoke pouring from the home.
A family of six (two adults and four children) living in the side of the duplex where the fire originated were able to get out safely, as did a woman living on the other side of the home.
Fire crews extinguished the blaze and ventilated both sides of the duplex to ensure air quality was safe.
Two of the four children were taken to hospital for observation for elevated carbon monoxide levels from smoke inhalation.
A Monday news release from the Calgary Fire Department (CFD) said there were no working smoke alarms or carbon monoxide detectors in the side of the duplex where the fire started.
The cause of the fire is currently under investigation.