Voting deadlines have been extended in both the City of Peterborough and City of Kawartha Lakes on Monday night.
The City of Peterborough says its internet voting system is experiencing technical issues.
As a result, in-person and online voting has been extended from 8 p.m. to 9 p.m. Voters are encouraged to register to get your PIN to vote online before 8 p.m.
Voters can proceed to any of the following 17 voting locations:
- Peterborough Sport & Wellness Centre, 775 Brealey Drive
- Fire Hall #3, 839 Clonsilla Avenue
- Evinrude Centre 911 Monaghan Drive, Roger Neilson Public School
550 Erskine Avenue, Peterborough Ontario K9J 5T4
- Mapleridge Recreation Centre, 1085 Brealey Drive
- Westdale United Church, 1509 Sherbrooke Street
- St. Theresa Catholic Elementary School, 1525 Fairmount Boulevard
- Peterborough Public Library, 345 Aylmer Street North
- Community Services, 210 Wolfe Street
- Knights of Columbus, 317 Hunter Street West
- Otonabee Valley Public School, 580 River Road South
- Peterborough Lions Club, 347 Burnham Street
- Thomas A. Stewart Secondary School, 1009 Armour Road North
- Activity Haven Senior Centre, 180 Barnardo Avenue
- Northview Community Church, 1000 Fairbairn Street
- Edmison Heights Public School, 1111 Royal Drive
- Peterborough Zoo, 1300 Water Street
In the City of Kawartha Lakes, voting has been extended from 8 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. due to an influx of online voters.
“Due to the volume of voters casting their electronic ballots at this time, the system is running slower than expected.”
The City of Kawartha Lakes says electors who have already voted can confirm if their vote has been successfully cast by attempting to vote a second time using their Voter ID and PIN numbers on their Voting PIN Letters. The voting system will notify you if you have successfully cast your ballot or not.
For more election information, call 705-324-9411 ext. 1888, email email@example.com or visit www.kawarthalakes.ca/election.