With the legalization of cannabis taking place nationwide on Wednesday, there has been plenty of talk: Who can smoke it? Where can you smoke it? What are the penalties for smoking it illegally?
For many Manitobans, though, there’s one important outstanding question: Where can you buy it?
Throughout the legalization process, details have trickled out slowly about which licensed sellers of recreational cannabis will be open for business on legalization day, and which are coming in the future.
Delta 9 has been the most forthcoming so far, announcing a cannabis ‘superstore’ in St. Vital, located at 827 Dakota Street. They’re also getting a jump on legalization day by opening up for online sales at 12:01 Wednesday morning.
Tokyo Smoke, which is known for cannabis accessory stores in Toronto and Calgary prior to legalization, has a pot shop opening at 55B Goulet Street at 10 a.m.
The Liquor, Gaming and Cannabis Authority of Manitoba (LGCA) also confirmed Ontario-based Tweed will open a store at 1450 Main St. S in Dauphin.
WATCH: Pot retailers announce stores in Manitoba, including cannabis ‘superstore’ in St. Vital
Meta Cannabis Supply Co./National Access Cannabis is opening a store at 548 Pembina Hwy.
A quick list:
- Online — Private retailers will be allowed to sell product through their websites
- Winnipeg — Delta 9 Cannabis Store, Unit 1 – 827 Dakota St.
- Winnipeg — Hiku/Tokyo Smoke, 55B Goulet St.
- Winnipeg — Meta Cannabis Supply Co./National Access Cannabis, Unit 23 – 584 Pembina Hwy.
- Winnipeg — Tweed/Canopy, 120 Osborne St.
- Winnipeg — Tweed/Canopy, 1592 Regent Avenue
- Winnipeg — Hiku/Tokyo Smoke, 264 McDermot Ave. (at 3 P.M.)
- Dauphin — Tweed/Canopy, 1450 Main St. South
Delta 9 is showing that virtually all of their products on their website are sold out.