Prime Minister Justin Trudeau regularly receives lavish gifts from world leaders and dignitaries, usually as a matter of protocol.
But a growing trend among freebies to the prime minister and his family are gifts from clothing designers and private companies. Here is just a taste of some of the many gifts the Trudeau family has received over the last year:
– Hard-shell carry-on luggage pieces for Justin Trudeau and his wife from Herschel Supply Co., B.C.
– Blue dress given to Sophie Gregoire Trudeau from Montreal designer Daniel Leinad.
WATCH: Trudeau comments on Saudi journalist’s disappearance, says keeping armoured vehicle contract
– Pink bomber jacket given to Gregoire Trudeau from Toronto designer Aleks Susak.
– Sports accessories for the family from Quebec-based Kombi Sports Inc.
– Scarves from Toronto designer Leo and Clive for Gregoire Trudeau.
– Two angora and velour hats adorned with amethyst for Gregoire Trudeau from Toronto designer Sharon Snitman.
– Clothing for the Trudeau children from B.C.-based Peekaboo Beans Inc.
– MILCK clutch and editor’s pouch to Gregoire Trudeau from Toronto director of Holt Renfrew, Alexandra Weston.
– Gift basket containing Jack Daniel’s products from Canadian Whisky brand ambassador Alexis Green.
– Huawei Mate 10 Pro Android phone for Justin Trudeau from Li Keqiang, premier of the People’s Republic of China. This gift was forfeited.