Advertisement

2 people burned by cocktail at Gordon Ramsay Hell’s Kitchen in Las Vegas

Gordon Ramsay Hell's Kitchen restaurant at Ceasars Palace Hotel & Casino is viewed on March 2, 2018 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Gordon Ramsay Hell's Kitchen restaurant at Ceasars Palace Hotel & Casino is viewed on March 2, 2018 in Las Vegas, Nevada. George Rose/Getty Images

Two people suffered reported burn injuries as the result of a specialty drink served at the Gordon Ramsay Hell’s Kitchen restaurant at Caesars Palace on the Las Vegas Strip.

Local blog Vital Vegas was the first to report the incident, tweeting that a customer at the restaurant saw someone at the bar “engulfed in flames,” and that paramedics were on the scene.

Story continues below advertisement

Caesars Entertainment confirmed that two guests were injured, in a statement provided to Global News.

“Unfortunately, two guests were injured at Gordon Ramsay Hell’s Kitchen at Caesars Palace last night.  We stand ready to provide any assistance they may need to help them through this difficult time.

“The particular type of specialty drink served at Hell’s Kitchen is served at the finest restaurants worldwide without incident. But, out of an abundance of caution, Hell’s Kitchen has removed the drink item at issue from the menu.

“All of us here at Caesars Palace and the Gordon Ramsay Restaurant Group are concerned for the injured guests, and are hopeful for their speedy recovery.”

The spokesperson didn’t disclose which drink caused the injury. The restaurant serves a number of specialty cocktails, including smoky and bubbling varieties.

READ MORE: Canada’s Kaitlyn Stewart beats out 10,000 competitors to win world Bartender of the Year

The injured persons were taken to hospital, 13 Action News reported.

Sponsored content