Several businesses across Barrie will have altered hours on Monday, Aug. 6, for the civic holiday. Here’s what you can expect.
- All city recreation facilities
- Government offices
- Canada Post mail collection and delivery
- Barrie Public Library will be closed both Sunday, Aug. 5 and Monday, Aug. 6.
- Tanger Outlet will be open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Vaughan Mills Mall will be open from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Upper Canada Mall will be open from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Georgian Mall will be open from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Barrie YMCA will be open from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Canada’s Wonderland will be open from 10 a.m to 6 p.m.
- The Beer Store
- Convenience stores
- Some pharmacies
- Some grocery stores
- Movie theatres
- Most restaurants and bars across the city
- There will be no garbage, organics, recycling or yard waste collection on Aug. 6.
- Collection during the week of the holiday will occur one day later
- The landfill site is closed regularly both Sunday and Monday
- Transit will operate on a regular Sunday service schedule on Aug. 6, with extra Kempenfest service all weekend
- Go Transit will be operating on a Saturday schedule
- Downtown parking (on-street and lots) is free on weekends and statutory holidays
- Waterfront parking is enforced 24/7/365. Residents must display their permits and visitors are required to pay $3 per hour