London police have laid a several charges after an investigation led the human trafficking unit to a south-end hotel.
Police say a girl under the age of 18 was “removed from the situation and taken to a place of safety” after police attended the hotel at roughly 5 a.m. Monday.
An Ajax man, 21, faces nine counts:
- Sexual assault
- Communicate with anyone for the purpose of obtaining for consideration the sexual services of a person under 18 years x 3
- Trafficking in persons under 18 by exercising control
- Financial/material benefit/trafficking person under 18
- Procuring/recruit person under 18 to provide sexual services for consideration
- Material benefit from sexual services provided by person under 18
- Advertising another person’s sexual services
A London man, 22, is charged with obtaining sexual services for consideration from person under 18 years.
Names are not being released in order to protect the identity of the victim.