Edmonton police have arrested a “violent and dangerous” man after issuing a plea to the public for help finding him earlier this month.
On March 2, police asked for help locating Leon Halkett. The 32-year-old was wanted for allegedly breaching conditions of his court order.
“Halkett poses a great risk to the public and is considered by police to be a violent and sexually violent offender who has preyed on random women, as well as women with whom he has been in relationships,” police said at the time.
Get daily National news
On Tuesday, police said Halkett was arrested on Saturday in Edmonton. He remains in custody and is facing five counts of breach of recognizance.
In September 2017, police issued an arrest warrant for Halkett after allegedly breaching his court order as well. He was released from prison in December 2016 and police issued a public warning at the time.
- Tumbler Ridge school shooting victim set to hopefully return home soon from Vancouver hospital
- Anti-feminist ideology ‘increasingly relevant’ to national security: CSIS
- Shooting at Rhode Island ice rink kills 2 during youth hockey game: police
- Austria files terrorism charges in plot to attack Taylor Swift show
Comments
Comments closed.
Due to the sensitive and/or legal subject matter of some of the content on globalnews.ca, we reserve the ability to disable comments from time to time.
Please see our Commenting Policy for more.