February 13, 2018 8:01 am

Fire at Burlington animal hospital likely caused by careless smoking

Stock Photo

Officials say careless smoking may have been the cause of a fire at a Burlington animal hospital.


Crews arrived at around 8 p.m. Monday after a blaze broke out in the basement of Askey Animal Hospital on Fairview Street.

No animals were injured but some were taken to nearby vets as a precaution.

Damage is estimated at $50,000.

Global News
Help us improve Globalnews.ca

© 2018 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.

Report an error


Want to discuss? Please read our Commenting Policy first.