Advertisement
Entertainment

Terry Crews fears his family is being bugged after filing sexual assault lawsuit

Terry Crews and Rebecca King-Crews attend the 2017 GQ Men of The Year Party on December 07, 2017 in Los Angeles, California.
Terry Crews and Rebecca King-Crews attend the 2017 GQ Men of The Year Party on December 07, 2017 in Los Angeles, California. JB Lacroix/ WireImage

Terry Crews took to Twitter on Friday to accuse William Morris Endeavor (WME) of “retaliation” in his ongoing legal battle with the agency.

Last month, Crews accused the then-head of WME’s Motion Picture Department, Adam Venit, of groping him at an industry party in 2016.

Now Crews is accusing the agency of hacking his son’s computer and “possibly” bugging his family.

READ MORE: Terry Crews sues agent Adam Venit over alleged groping

“My assailant Adam Venit is the founding partner at @WME, a corporation worth over $8 billion. I believe my family is being tracked and possibly bugged,” Crews tweeted.

In November, Crews posted a screenshot of an email he said was from hip-hop mogul Russell Simmons which urged the Brooklyn Nine-Nine actor to give Adam Venit “a pass.”

Story continues below advertisement

Now, Crews says he believes that WME executives attempted to use Simmons, who is accused of raping four women, to “pressure me into dropping my case.”

“I also believe @unclerush was asked to pressure me into dropping my case by @WME execs. Somehow they thought he was the “King of Black people.” Someone hacked into the computer my son and I built together. I have to shut it down and replace the hard drive,” Crews tweeted.

READ MORE: Terry Crews says Russell Simmons told him to give alleged groper ‘a pass’

Crews said that when he brought the issue to the Los Angeles Police Department, they responded with “these [Hollywood executives] don’t play fair.”

Earlier this month, Crews filed a lawsuit against Venit for allegedly groping him at a party last year.

READ MORE: Terry Crews names alleged sexual abuser: ‘I have never felt more emasculated’

Crews also alleges talent agents at WME are “knowingly permitted and encouraged to engage in sexually predatory conduct” in the lawsuit.

Crews’ complaint, filed in Los Angeles Superior Court, states the actor and former NFL player was subjected to sexual assault, sexual harassment, gender violence and emotional distress during and after a February 2016 incident in which he says he was repeatedly groped by a talent executive.

Story continues below advertisement

The White Chicks actor also filed a police report in November and the investigation is ongoing.

READ MORE: Terry Crews files police report about alleged groping by ‘high-level Hollywood executive’

Crews added his name to the list of Hollywood’s sexual harassment victims in October when he took to Twitter to reveal that he was groped by a high-level talent agent at an industry party.

He also discussed the incident and named Venit as the alleged groper on Good Morning America last month.

“Back in February 2016, I was assaulted by Adam Venit, who is head of the motion picture department at William Morris Endeavor, one of the biggest agencies in the world, period,” Crews said.

WATCH BELOW: Terry Crews names his alleged sexual abuser

Terry Crews names his alleged sexual abuser
Terry Crews names his alleged sexual abuser

The actor said he was with his wife, Rebbeca King-Crews, at the party when Venit was “basically staring at me, and he’s sticking his tongue out — just overtly sexual kind of tongue moves.”

“He comes over to me. I stick my hand out and he literally takes his hand and puts it and squeezes my genitals,” Crews said. “I jump back like, ‘Hey, hey.’ And he’s still sticking his tongue out and all this stuff and I go, ‘Dude, what are you doing? What are you doing’ and then he comes back again. He just won’t stop.”

Story continues below advertisement

Crews said that he has “never felt more emasculated, more objectified. I was horrified.”