Courtesy of Pie Girl Bakes
I looked at the calendar this week and realized that Thanksgiving is about a week sooner than I thought, which got me plotting potential holiday fall treats!
I’ve discussed my love for pears in fall desserts multiple times, but I need to reiterate that when combined with bourbon and maple, pears may beat out your favourite apple dessert.
Galettes are also great for last minute gatherings when you need a delicious dessert, but you don’t want to deal with the hassle of a lattice or prebaking crust. Perfectly simple and rustic yet completely delicious!
• 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
• 1/2 tsp sea salt
• 1 1/2 tsp sugar
• 1/2 cup butter (straight from the fridge, cut into 1 inch pieces)
• 1/2 cup cold water
• 2 tbsp vinegar (I use cider vinegar, mix it in the water)
• 3-4 pears – peeled and thinly sliced
• Juice of 1/2 lemon
• 1 tbsp granulated sugar, plus 1 tsp for bottom of pie crust
• 1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp packed brown sugar
• 1 tbsp flour, plus 1 tsp for bottom of pie crust
• 1/4 tsp ground ginger
• 1/4 tsp cinnamon
• Pinch of allspice
• A few grinds of pepper
• 1/4 tsp sea salt
• 1 1/2 tbsp bourbon
• 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
• 1/2 tsp vanilla
• Egg wash to coat (1 egg and 1 tsp water mixed) and raw sugar for sprinkling
For detailed instructions, head over to Pie Girl Bakes.