Advertisement

Man dies in Surrey camper van fire

Firefighters responded to a camper van fire in Surrey.
Firefighters responded to a camper van fire in Surrey.

Surrey firefighters made a gruesome discovery while tackling a blaze at an auto wrecking yard.

Fire crews responded to a camper van fire at a lot in the 10500-block of Scott Road early Saturday morning. After extinguishing the flames they discovered a body inside the vehicle.

Surrey RCMP said a 55-year-old man had been sleeping in the camper van when it caught fire.

Investigators said the fire was sparked by a short in the vehicle’s electrical system, which had undergone modification.

The incident has been turned over to the BC Coroners Service.

Story continues below advertisement
Global News Redesign Global News Redesign
A fresh new look for Global News is here, tell us what you think
Take a Survey

Sponsored Stories