Police said 11 firearms and thousands of rounds of ammunition were stolen from a rural area near Senlac, Sask.
Unity RCMP said several break and enters happened early Tuesday morning and the following non-restricted weapons were taken:
- Sako 85 .223 with a 4×16 Bushnell scope
- Savage 116 .223 with a 3X9 Bausch and Lomb scope
- Ruger 77 .357 with a 4X Bushnell scope
- Ainsley Fox 12-gauge collector shot gun built in 1925
- Remington 700 7-mm with a 6X Bushnell scope
- Remington 870 12-gauge shot gun with a folding stock and extended magazine; and
- Cooey Model 80 .22-calibre single shot rifle.
Police said three .22-calibre rifles and a shotgun were stolen from another nearby location.
Along with the weapons, the following ammunition was stolen:
- 250 rounds of Winchester 12 gauge shotgun shells
- 2,000 rounds of .17 HMR Hornady Varment Express
- 10,000 rounds of .22 Remington Yellow Jacket long rifle shells
- 4,000 rounds of .22 Remington Cyclone long rifle shells
- 1,000 rounds of .223 American Eagle soft point shells
According to police, all the firearms were stored properly but the homeowners were unaware of the thefts happening as storage was in a remote location of their yards.
Police are asking the public for help in locating the weapons “so they are not in the hands of criminals.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact Unity RCMP at 306-228-6300 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.