Truck camper explodes in Kelowna Walmart parking lot
KELOWNA — One man was sent to hospital after an explosion in the Kelowna Walmart parking lot early Monday morning.
Nick Pacini was grabbing a coffee at the nearby Starbucks when he heard a loud bang.
He grabbed a first aid kit out of his vehicle and ran to the scene. What he saw was a camper ripped to pieces as the result of an explosion.
“By the looks of it and by the sounds of it, it was more than likely the propane — a leak inside that popped the whole camper apart like an eggshell being cracked open,” says Pacini.
Pacini says the lone occupant in the camper — a man — was taken away to hospital as a precaution but other witnesses say that he didn’t appear to be seriously injured.