WATCH: Dramatic footage from the scene of a house fire in Cote St. Luc
MONTREAL — Firefighters battled a blaze that caused significant damage to a home in Cote St. Luc on Monday night.
The fire in the single-family home on Westminster Avenue began at about 10 p.m. and was brought under control by around 2 a.m. Tuesday morning.
According to officials, the home was being renovated and the fire may have started when chemical vapours from floor varnish were set alight after coming in contact with a pilot light.
No one was injured in the fire.