Advertisement

Firefighters suggest floor varnish vapours caused Cote St. Luc house fire

WATCH: Dramatic footage from the scene of a house fire in Cote St. Luc

MONTREAL — Firefighters battled a blaze that caused significant damage to a home in Cote St. Luc on Monday night.

The fire in the single-family home on Westminster Avenue began at about 10 p.m. and was brought under control by around 2 a.m. Tuesday morning.

16
Firefighters battled a blaze that caused significant damage to a home in Cote St. Luc on Monday, May 4, 2015. Yannick Gadbois/Global News
26
Firefighters battled a blaze that caused significant damage to a home in Cote St. Luc on Monday, May 4, 2015. Yannick Gadbois/Global News
36
Firefighters battled a blaze that caused significant damage to a home in Cote St. Luc on Monday, May 4, 2015. Yannick Gadbois/Global News
46
Firefighters battled a blaze that caused significant damage to a home in Cote St. Luc on Monday, May 4, 2015. Yannick Gadbois/Global News
56
Firefighters battled a blaze that caused significant damage to a home in Cote St. Luc on Monday, May 4, 2015. Yannick Gadbois/Global News
66
Firefighters battled a blaze that caused significant damage to a home in Cote St. Luc on Monday, May 4, 2015. Yannick Gadbois/Global News

According to officials, the home was being renovated and the fire may have started when chemical vapours from floor varnish were set alight after coming in contact with a pilot light.

Story continues below advertisement

No one was injured in the fire.

Sponsored content