Metrotown station elevator closed forcing bus bridge for some passengers
VANCOUVER – A bus shuttle has been set up between two Burnaby SkyTrain stations due to the closure of the Metrotown station’s elevator.
Passengers on the Expo Line who need to use the elevator will now have to wait for a shuttle and should allow for extra travel times.
Bus-shuttle service is now in place for customers who need help getting between the stations:
- Passengers with disabilities can take a HandyDART shuttle between the Metrotown and Patterson Station HandyDART stops.
- Passengers travelling with strollers can take a Community Shuttle to Metrotown Station from Patterson or Royal Oak Stations.
The shuttles will run approximately every 15 to 20 minutes during the following times:
- Monday to Friday: 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Saturday: 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Sundays and holidays: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
“We know that some of our customers will need extra help getting between stations while construction is underway, and that’s why we are providing a shuttle service,” said Fred Cummings, VP Infrastructure Management and Engineering for Translink. “This allows us to keep Metrotown Station open while we make much-needed improvements that will give our customers a facility that is more accessible, safe and secure.”
Three elevators will be built at the station.
© 2015 Shaw Media