May 17, 2014 9:09 pm

Early morning house fire extinguished in Saskatoon

Accidental fire causes an estimated $100,000 worth of damage to Saskatoon home.

Leslie Knight / Global News

SASKATOON – An accidental fire causes an estimated $100,000 worth of damage to Saskatoon home in the Caswell Hill neighbourhood Saturday.

Around 2:45 a.m., fire crews were called to a house fire at 720 Walmer Road.

Firefighters arrived to find two occupants had evacuated the smoking building.

It was reported there was still someone inside.

One crew quickly searched the home while another began an offensive attack on the flames.

No one was found inside and no injuries were reported.

Crews had to remove a large section of the kitchen ceiling to extinguish the fire, which was brought under control in around 15 minutes.

According to preliminary findings, the fire investigator says the blaze was an accident and started in a kitchen waste basket.

Report an error


Want to discuss? Please read our Commenting Policy first.