CALGARY – Two men charged with second-degree murder in the death of a Calgary man last year made their first court appearance on Wednesday.
26-year-old Tyler William Sturrup and 24-year-old Robert David Reitmeier appeared via closed circuit television.
They were arrested last week, accused of killing 47-year-old Mark Mariani in a northwest parking lot in October 2010.
Mariani had been beaten to death in what police say was a random attack.
In court, prosecutors asked for a no-contact order between the co-accused, which was granted by the judge.
The pair are believed to lead a white supremacist group in Calgary, called the Western European Bloodline or WEB.
Sturrup and Reitmeier are scheduled to appear in court again late this month.
With files from the Calgary Herald
- Carney says U.S. peace plan for Ukraine needs ‘more work’; expert calls it a ‘disaster’
- JD Vance says Canada’s immigration ‘insanity’ caused lower living standards
- First in Canada program lets mothers undergo addiction treatment without leaving children
- B.C. and Alberta premiers continue public duel over pipeline
Comments