Toronto Morning: What you need to know today
IN THE NEWS…
- Shaw Communications and Rogers Communications took the wraps off a new video streaming service on Tuesday that will give Canadians access to thousands of TV shows and movies.
- Canada’s iconic coffee chain Tim Hortons and Miami-based Burger King say they will join forces, but will operate as independent brands to form the world’s third-largest quick service restaurant company.
- A woman is dead and a man is in hospital with serious injuries following a double shooting in downtown Toronto early Tuesday morning. Police responded to a 9-1-1 call near a night club on Wellington Street just west of Spadina around 3 a.m. to find a female with a gunshot wound. A male was found at a gas station nearby with multiple gunshot injuries and was transported to hospital in critical condition.
- An investigation is underway to determine the cause of three suspicious fires in Toronto’s Kensington Market area Tuesday morning.
- Toronto, as well as parts of southern Ontario, is under a heat warning Tuesday. People living in the affected areas are advised to stay hydrated and avoid extended lengths of sun exposure.
Sunny early this morning then a mix of sun and cloud with 40 percent chance of showers. Risk of a thunderstorm. Wind becoming southwest 20 km/h late this morning. High 30. UV index 8 or very high.
To get real-time weather for your area, download the Global News Skytracker weather app.
TRAFFIC AND TRANSIT
Roads: Click for the latest Toronto traffic.
© Shaw Media, 2014