SASKATOON – A severe thunderstorm watch has been issued by Environment Canada for parts of central and northern Saskatchewan.
The agency says a cold front tracking across the northern prairies is expected to trigger a band of thunderstorms Wednesday afternoon and into the evening.
Conditions are favourable for the development of severe thunderstorms capable of producing strong wind gusts, large hail and heavy rain.
Environment Canada says people should take cover immediately if threatening weather approaches as some severe thunderstorms are capable of producing tornadoes.
For weather on the go, download the SkyTracker weather app for iPhone, iPad or Android.
Severe thunderstorm watch ISSUED for:
- Île à la Crosse – Buffalo Narrows – Beauval
- Meadow Lake – Big River – Green Lake – Pierceland
- The Battlefords – Unity – Maidstone – St. Walburg
- La Ronge – Prince Albert Nat. Park – Narrow Hills Prov. Park
- Prince Albert – Shellbrook – Spiritwood – Duck Lake
Severe thunderstorm warning ENDED for:
- Buffalo Narrows and Peter Pond Lake
- R.M. of Beaver River including Pierceland and Goodsoil