Winnipeg mosquito spraying continues as areas get 2nd treatments
WINNIPEG – South and southwest Winnipeg will get another dose of malathion Wednesday night as the city’s battle against mosquitoes continues.
The southern reaches of St. Vital, St. Norbert, the University of Manitoba, Richmond Lakes, Waverley, Bridgwater, Tuxedo, Whyte Ridge, Lindenwoods, Fort Garry, River Heights, Riverview and Crescentwood are among the neighbourhoods that will be sprayed between 9:30 p.m. and 6:30 a.m., weather permitting.
The insect management areas that will be sprayed are:
- 19 – St. Vital Perimeter South
- 20 – La Barriere, Parc La Salle, Perrault, Richmond Lakes, St. Norbert, Trappistes, Turnbull Drive
- 21 – Agassiz, Cloutier Drive, Fort Richmond, Montcalm, University
- 22 – Fairfield Park, Richmond West, Waverley West, Waverley Heights, Bridgwater Centre, Bridgwater Forest, Bridgwater Lakes, Bridgwater Trails, South Pointe
- 23 – Tuxedo Industrial, West Perimeter South, Whyte Ridge, Wilkes South
- 24 – Brockville, Buffalo, Chevrier, Linden Ridge, Lindenwoods, Pembina Strip, West Fort Garry Industrial
- 25 – Beaumont, Crescent Park, Maybank, Parker, Point Road, Wildwood
- 26 – Betsworth, Ridgewood South, River West Park, Roblin Park, Southboine, Westdale
- 27 – Elmhurst, Eric Coy, Marlton, Ridgedale, Varsity View, Vialoux
- 29 – Edgeland, Old Tuxedo, South Tuxedo, Tuxedo
- 30 – Central River Heights, J.B. Mitchell, Mathers, Sir John Franklin, South River Heights
- 31 – Crescentwood, North River Heights, Wellington Crescent
- 32 – Earl Grey, Ebby Wentworth, Grant Park, McMillan, Rockwood, Roslyn
- 33 – Lord Roberts, River-Osborne, Riverview
For more information about the spraying program, visit the city’s insect management branch website.
© Shaw Media, 2014