CALGARY- A community near Lethbridge has had to be evacuated, as flood waters creep closer to their homes.
The Blood Tribe is located southwest of Lethbridge, and became threatened by the rising water on Wednesday afternoon.
As a result, the following areas have been notified of evacuations:
- Fort Whoop Up
- Little Chicago
- Fish Creek along the river bottom
- Lower Laverne
A number of roads have also been closed or washed out, including:
- Road to Little Chicago from Highway 505
- Fish Creek road by Sophie Scout
- Kainai Industries Road from Highway #2
- Bull Horn Coulee at Farm Four
- Healy Bridge
- Lower Standoff
- Lower Laverne (Chiefmoon Valley)
- Road to Doug Singer
“I have also been in touch with municipal and First Nations leaders in affected communities to let them know their government is ready to provide immediate support, whenever and wherever needed,” said Premier Dave Hancock, of the flood threat.
Anyone requiring additional information is asked to call the Flood Reception Centre at 403-737-3868.