Kale caesar and other recipes for Father’s Day
Kale Caesar with Parmesan Crisps
Makes 4 servings.
4 cups baby kale
4 cups spinach
2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
2 Tbsp reduced-fat mayonnaise
3 Tbsp olive oil
3 Tbsp water
2 tsp lemon juice
½ tsp finely chopped garlic
½ tsp Dijon mustard
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Place kale and spinach on a large platter.
Caesar dressing: Whisk 2 tbsp cheese, mayonnaise, olive oil, water, lemon juice, garlic and mustard until smooth or puree in small food processor.
To make the Parmesan crisps:Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Witha 1 Tbsp measuring spoon, place the cheese on abaking sheet, making 12 rounds. Bake for 8 minutes.
Pour dressing over greens, mix well and garnish with crisps.
Grilled Veal Chop
1 French Cut Veal Chop (8-12 oz)
1. Rub veal chop with with crushed garlic and oil.
2. Grill on barbeque until medium (approx. 135F).
3. Serve with roasted fingerling potatoes and grilled asparagus (or vegetable of your choice)
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
2 lb fingerling or small roasting potatoes
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
1 1/2 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary (optional)
1/2 tsp sea salt
pinch of coarsely ground pepper
3 Tbsp chopped parsley
1. Boil the potatoes for 8 minutes just until fork tender.
2. Rinse with cold water then slice in half lengthwise. Place in bowl.
3. Add oil, cheese, rosemary, salt and pepper.
4. Place on baking sheet lined with foil and sprayed with vegetable oil. Bake for 20 minutes, turning after 15 minutes, just until slightly golden. Garnish with parsley.
Strawberry Blueberry Double Crisp
Makes 12 servings.
1 1/2 cups blueberries
1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tbsp all-purpose flour
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
1/2 cup low-fat granola
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 tbsp water
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray an 8-inch square cake pan with vegetable spray.
1. In bowl, stir together blueberries, strawberries, sugar, and 1 tbsp flour.
2. In another bowl, stir together 1 cup flour, brown sugar, oats, granola, and cinnamon. Stir in the oil and water until the mixture is crumbly. Pat half of it into a prepared baking dish. Pour the berry mixture evenly over top. Sprinkle the remaining oat mixture on top.
3. Place the pan in the centre of the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until the crisp is golden.
© Shaw Media, 2014