Pete Hegseth
-
Hegseth says Trump doesn’t need Iran war approval while ceasefire in placeThe U.S. Senate hearing saw the defence secretary reject accusations that the Iran war was launched without evidence of an imminent threat or without a coherent strategy.U.S. NewsApr 30
-
Hegseth defends Iran war that has cost U.S. $25B so far in tense hearingThe hearing before the U.S. House Armed Services Committee was focused on the Pentagon's 2027 budget proposal, which would boost defence spending to a historic US$1.5 trillion.U.S. NewsApr 29
-
-
Advertisement
-
U.S. military ‘locked and loaded’ on Iran’s power plants, Hegseth saysU.S. Secretary of Defense Pete Hegseth said Thursday that Iran needs to choose wisely as it prepares for negotiations with the United States.WorldApr 16
-
-
Advertisement
-
U.S. claims ‘victory’ in Iran. What’s the situation on the ground?Iran's airforce and missile system has been destroyed, Hegseth said Wednesday, less than a week after Iran shot down a U.S. fighter jet.WorldApr 8
-
Kid Rock helicopter fly-by pilots suspended, then unsuspended by HegsethU.S. Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth announced that the pilots' suspension had been lifted, writing, 'No punishment. No investigation. Carry on, patriots.'TrendingApr 1
-
-
Pentagon blacklisting Anthropic looked like punishment for AI stance: judgeAnthropic’s lawsuit alleges that U.S. Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth overstepped his authority when he designated Anthropic a national security supply-chain risk.U.S. NewsMar 24
-
-
Hegseth encourages potential Trump ally purchase of CNNOn the war's 14th day, Hegseth criticized CNN's reporting on the impact of Iran's disruption of traffic through the Strait of Hormuz.U.S. NewsMar 13
-
U.S. preparing for ‘most intense day of strikes’ in Iran, Hegseth saysU.S. Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth said the United States would carry out the most intense day of strikes against Iran on Tuesday.WorldMar 10
-
-
Advertisement
-
Hegseth says ‘this is not Iraq’ as strikes on Iran ignite regional conflictHegseth said the operation had a 'clear, devastating, decisive mission' to 'destroy the missile threat' from Iran, destroy its navy and 'no nukes.'U.S. NewsMar 2
-
-
Advertisement
-
Key Republican senator backs release of alleged drug boat strike videoArkansas Sen. Tom Cotton is partially aligning himself with President Donald Trump and top Democrats in favor of releasing the video of the Sept. 2 attack.U.S. NewsDec 7, 2025
Trending
-
McDonald’s worker charged after allegedly contaminating french fries19,823 Read -
Illegal cigarettes with ‘gigantic’ profit margin are costing Canadians billions13,886 Read -
U.S. says foreigners now must apply for green card from their home country12,468 Read -
Ebola outbreak ‘spreading rapidly’ as suspected cases rise, WHO head says8,249 Read -
Pentagon gave Canada classified paper detailing defence priorities7,487 Read -
Australian man dead after 400-metre fall during hike on Peru’s Inca trail6,113 Read -
Top Videos
-
Global News at 6 Toronto: May 21, 2026 -
‘Pearson is a disaster’: Poilievre backs Toronto island airport expansion -
Toronto council pushes to keep FIFA Fan Fest free, but challenges remain -
Toronto fire crews melt Drake ice sculpture -
Toronto man who killed 2 strangers 2 days apart found guilty of first-degree murder -
Toronto kicks-off spring cleanup campaign -
Toronto man found guilty of murdering husband in 2021 -
U.S. consulate in Toronto hit by gunfire, police declare national security incident -
Metrolinx sheds 400-plus consultants, some move to become VPs -
John Tory announces he won’t be running in Toronto’s mayoral race -