-
Doug Ford says his stance is clear on ‘Chinese spy vehicles,’ looks forward to auto strategy with CarneyOntario Premier Doug Ford said he had made it clear where he stands when it comes to importing Chinese electric vehicles, or “Chinese spy vehicles,” as he called it, on Wednesday. He said he looks forward to working on an auto strategy with Prime Minister Mark Carney and Minister Melanie Joly, however emphasized his focus...PoliticsJan 28
-
Residents at Tiki Village Motor Inn being forced outResidents at the Tiki Village Motor Inn in Vernon are being forced out. They received letters from the owner of the property saying fire inspectors determined the building is unsafe. Victoria Femia has the details.Global News at 5:30 OkanaganNov 20, 2025
-
Opposition pushes Ford to release GM contract after Ingersoll production shut downPremier Doug Ford appears open to the idea of publicly releasing the contract the Ontario government signed with General Motors for the now-defunct Brightdrop electric vehicle, after the automaker shut down production at its Ingersoll location. Colin D’Mello reports.Oct 23, 2025
-
GM ending BrightDrop production in OntarioIn another blow to Ontario’s auto sector, General Motors announces its ending production of its BrightDrop electric delivery vans in Ingersoll. The company blames low demand, but Premier Doug Ford is now threatening legal action if the company doesn’t find another use for the facility. Ingersoll Mayor Brian Petrie discusses how GM’s decision will impact...Global News Morning TorontoOct 22, 2025
-
Joly says Feds plans ‘response group’ as General Motors cuts production at Ingersoll plantIndustry Minister Melanie Joly stated on Tuesday that General Motors’ decision to cut production at its Ingersoll plant is “obviously tough news” for the workers there. In response, she announced that the federal government is forming a new “response group” in collaboration with members of the Ontario government, and the focus of the group would...CanadaOct 21, 2025
-
Liberals hoping to get a ‘new model to Ingersoll’ after latest round of cuts from GMAfter yet another automaker, General Motors (GM) announced it was cutting production in Ontario, Canada’s Innovation Minister Melanie Joly said during question period on Tuesday that the Liberals are putting together a “response group” with their “goal to bring back a new model to Ingersoll.” GM had announced earlier in the day it was ending...CanadaOct 21, 2025
-
CCTV captures fiery moment stolen vehicle smashes into fuel pumpA 28-year-old man slammed a stolen car into a fuel pump at a rural Western Australian gas station on Sunday. According to police, he first stole a Nissan Patrol around midnight before abandoning it and stealing a Toyota Hilux. He crashed the Hilux into a service station, sparking a small fire that was soon extinguished....Aug 26, 2025
-
Kawartha Downs hosts ninth annual FoxFest Car ShowCar enthusiasts gathered at Kawartha Downs in Fraserville on Sunday for the ninth annual Fox Fest Car Show. The all Ford car show focused on vehicles with the fox body platform from 1979 to 1993. There were also burnout and loudest car competitions, revving the motor, raffles, vendors and activities for children. Funds raised support...Jun 24, 2025
-
Durham Region braces for impact of trade warAs home to the General Motors auto plant, Durham Region is bracing for impact amid the uncertainty of the trade war with the U.S. On Tuesday morning, Premier Doug Ford told American media that tariffs would shut down auto plants on both sides of the border. Moosa Imran has more on what’s at stake for...CanadaMar 7, 2025
-
Auto sector says Trump’s tariff pause ‘doesn’t solve anything’U.S. President Donald Trump has granted Ford, General Motors, and Stellantis a one-month exemption from tariffs on imports from Canada and Mexico. Jeff Semple speaks with people involved in North America’s auto sector about the new challenges the industry faces, and what Trump is telling automakers to do.Global NationalMar 5, 2025
-
COVID-19: Ontario premier Ford, top doctor defend decision to roll back proof-of-vaccination starting JanuaryOntario Premier Doug Ford and chief medical officer of health Dr. Kieran Moore defended the decision to begin lifting the requirements for proof of vaccination starting in January, saying they are being cautious with their decisions. Ford said if numbers are stable, they should respond properly. Moore added it’s a call for more people to...Oct 22, 2021
-
Singh says ‘we know there is systemic racism’ within RCMPOn Monday, NDP leader Jagmeet Singh spoke about the police killings of Rodney Levi and Chantel Moore during RCMP response calls, saying “we know there is systemic racism” within the RCMP, and putting forth a number of calls to action including ending racial profiling, de-militarizing police, having better use of force education and tracking better...CanadaJun 15, 2020
-
Canadian autoworkers extend negotiations with Ford amid strike threatsUnifor and Ford Motor Co. are continuing to negotiate after the union extended a strike deadline by 24 hours. The union pushed back the deadline that had been set to expire late Monday night after it says it received a “substantive offer” from Ford. Marianne Dimain reports.CanadaSep 19, 2023
-
Unifor sets Thanksgiving Day deadline for contract talks with General MotorsUnifor has set a deadline of Oct. 9 for its contract talks with General Motors. Negotiations between the union and U.S. automaker resumed this week after workers at Ford Motor Co. voted to approve a new contract.CanadaSep 29, 2023
-
How would an autoworkers strike in Canada impact you?Canada’s autoworkers are in negotiations with Detroit’s Big Three automakers: Stellantis, Ford and General Motors, but Unifor’s members have voted in favour of a strike mandate if an agreement isn’t reached. Sean Previl breaks down what impacts could face Canada and what you should know.CanadaAug 29, 2023
-
Unifor reaches tentative deal with Ford, averting autoworkers strikeUnifor says it has reached a tentative deal with Ford Motor Co. that could avoid workers going on strike. The deal was reached after Unifor extended its strike deadline by 24 hours late Monday after receiving what it called a “substantive offer” from Ford. Ahmar Khan reports.CanadaSep 20, 2023
-
Ford says he’ll be ‘on the phone’ with delivery companies to urge them to buy GM electric vansOntario Premier Doug Ford said Monday he would be “on the phone” with UPS, Purolator and FedEX, and any other delivery companies, to encourage them to buy electric vehicles manufactured at the plant in Ingersoll, Ont., after General Motors-owned BrightDrop announced the first 600 of its electric delivery vans had rolled off the production line.CanadaDec 5, 2022
-
Global News Morning Market & Business Report July 12Clinton Orr from Canaccord Genuity Wealth Management speaks on the financial news of the day, including updates on Ford Motors and interest rates in the U.S.Global News Morning WinnipegJul 12, 2019
-
Toronto councillor tables motion looking to make EpiPens mandatory in restaurants, eateriesMon, Mar 27: Tyler-Tae Moore is one of the millions of Canadians who have a food allergy and it makes her hesitant to eat at restaurants with her family. As Erica Vella reports, one councillor is pushing for restaurants to provide mandatory EpiPens.Global News at 5 & 6 TorontoMar 27, 2017
-
WWE star John Cena settles his lawsuit with FordFord Motor Co. and professional wrestler John Cena have settled an outstanding lawsuit over the sale of Cena’s Ford GT.EntertainmentJun 19, 2018