MONTH OF GIVING 2019 CONTEST RULES
THE MONTH OF GIVING 2019 CONTEST (THE “CONTEST”) WILL BE CONDUCTED IN THE PROVINCE OF ONTARIO ONLY AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO APPLICABLE CANADIAN LAW. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. PARTICIPANTS MUST BE OF THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THE PROVINCE OF ONTARIO OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. VOID IN WHOLE OR PART WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE CONTEST RULES (THE “CONTEST RULES”).
1.1 To be eligible for this Contest, an individual must:
(a) be a legal resident of the province of Ontario;
(b) be of the age of majority in the province Ontario;
(c) include the correct Code Word (as defined in Section 3.1 below) on their entry form on the Contest Microsite (as defined in Section 3.1 below); and
(d) if selected as the Grand Prize Winner (as defined in Section 4.2 below) be legally able to travel internationally and have any and all necessary documentation that may be required for presentation to Canadian and/or International customs and airport personnel. Grand Prize (as defined in Section 4.2 below) does not include transportation to and from Pearson International Airport (“YYZ”).
1.2 The following people are not eligible to enter the Contest:
(a) Employees of Corus Television Limited Partnership by its general partner Corus Television G.P. Inc., its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, successors and assigns (collectively “Corus”);
(b) Employees of Jysk Canada, R.C. Chocolates LTD., Transat Tours Canada Inc., each of their affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, successors and assigns (collectively, “Prize Providers”, together with Corus, the “Sponsors”);
(c) Any person who has been confirmed as a winner of two (2) Corus administered contests within six (6) months preceding the Contest start date indicated below; and
(d) The household members of any of the parties listed in Section (a) to (c) above.
1.3 The Sponsors shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contest. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to the Sponsors for the purpose of the Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant should such an entrant at any stage supply information that does not meet these requirements.
2. CONTEST PERIOD. The Contest begins at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on December 2, 2019 and ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on December 24, 2019 (the “Contest Period”) after which time the Contest will be closed and no further entries shall be accepted.
3. HOW TO ENTER.
3.1 There is no purchase necessary to enter the Contest. To enter, tune into Global News Morning airing Monday through Friday from 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. ET during the Contest Period and watch for the word of the day to be displayed on air (the “Code Word”). Then go online to complete and submit the entry form located at https://globalnews.ca/toronto/contest/6185713/month-of-giving-3 (the “Contest Microsite”) and include the correct Code Word in your entry form. No entries will be accepted by any other means.
3.2 Limit of one (1) entry, per person, per code word, per 24-hour period from Monday through Thursday throughout the Contest Period. Limit of one (1) entry, per person, per code word, per 72-hour period from Friday through Sunday throughout the Contest Period. In the case of multiple entries, only the first eligible entry will be considered.
3.3 All entries, become the sole property of the Sponsors and will not be returned for any reason. Entries must be received no later than 11:59 p.m. ET each day from Monday through Friday and no later than 11.59 p.m. ET each Sunday for the Friday through Sunday entry period. Entries will be declared invalid if they are late, illegible, incomplete, damaged, irregular, mutilated, forged, garbled or mechanically or electronically reproduced. Unless otherwise set out herein, no communication or correspondence will be exchanged with entrants except with those selected as a potential winner.
3.4 Entries received online shall be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the entry. For the purpose of the Contest Rules, “authorized account holder” of an e-mail address is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Any entrant may be required to provide the Sponsors with proof that they are the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with their entry.
4.1 Daily Prizes.
(a) There are seventeen (17) daily prizes (each, a “Daily Prize”, collectively the “Daily Prizes”) available to be won by the Daily Prize winners (each a “Daily Prize Winner”, collectively the “Daily Prize Winners”) each consisting of the following:
Date Prize Description Prize Value
December 2, 2019
1) One (1) Purdy’s chocolate “Survive the Season” chocolate pack;
2) One (1) Aarhus throw;
3) One (1) Aarhus throw cushion;
4) One (1) Nordik stocking;
5) One (1) country moose;
6) One (1) small country moose;
7) One (1) Nisse door stopper;
8) One (1) Scandi Santa coir door mat;
9) One (1) Stilbit gnome;
10) One (1) Bruri kitchen towel;
11) One (1) Aarhus tree skirt; and
12) One (1) Taastrup wood crate.
December 3, 2019
1) One (1) Purdy’s Dear Santa gift basket;
2) One (1) queen sized Kanadiana flannel sheet set;
3) One (1) queen sized Scotti 100% cotton flannel pillowcase;
4) One (1) Hotel Lux duvet and pillow set;
5) One (1) buffalo check bathrobe;
6) One (1) buffalo check shower curtain;
7) One (1) Karlstad bath towel;
8) One (1) Karlstad hand towel;
9) One (1) Karlstad wash cloth;
10) One (1) Vemdalen soap dispenser; and
11) One Avalon shaggy bathmat (50x80cm).
December 4, 2019
1) One (1) Purdy’s chocolate holiday tree gift box;
2) One (1) Abbetved desk; and
3) One (1) Jonstrup office chair.
December 5, 2019
1) One (1) Purdy’s chocolate bestsellers snack collection; and
1) One (1) Nesna pillow.
December 6, 2019
1)One (1) Purdy’s chocolate “Purdys Picks” three (3) month chocolate subscription;
3) One (1) Nora hand towel;
4) One (1) Nora bath towel;
5) One (1) Nora wash cloth;
6) One (1) Lucksta soap dispenser;
7) One (1) Lucksta tumbler;
8) One (1) Lucksta bath storage jar;
9) One (1) Hjelm bath mat;
10) One (1) Terningen shower curtain; and
11) One (1) twelve (12) piece Rev aluminum hook set.
December 9, 2019
1) One (1) Purdy’s chocolate holiday classics, forty-nine (49) piece gift box;
2) One (1) Fyn five tier shelf;
3) One (1) Fyn three tier shelf; and
4) One (1) Fyn three drawer.
December 10, 2019
1) One (1) Purdy’s chocolate festive gift box;
2) One (1) Put throw cushion;
3) One (1) Hedenvi door stopper;
4) One (1) Hedenvi draft stopper;
5) One (1) Nisser dog toilet brush;
6) One (1) Asunden shower curtain;
7) One (1) doormat; and
8) One (1) doggy body pillowcase.
December 11, 2019
1) One (1) Purdy’s chocolate deluxe Christmas pack;
2) One (1) Majled poof;
3) One (1) Lovan cross stitch woven throw;
4) One (1) Reidar hurricane glass;
5) One (1) Hejlsminde six tier shelf (65x17x175cm);
6) One (1) Darius decorative mirror; and
7) One (1) Solveig artificial eucalyptus plant.
December 12, 2019
1) One (1) Purdy’s chocolate joy gift box;
2) One (1) Jonstrup bar table; and
3) One (1) Jonstrup bar stool.
December 13, 2019
1) One (1) Purdy’s chocolate Purdys Picks six (6) month chocolate subscription; and
2) One (1) Wellpur T65 queen sized, three inch memory foam topper.
December 16, 2019
1) One (1) Purdy’s chocolate Warmest Wishes gift basket;
2) One (1) Vandsteed coat rack;
3) One (1) Vandsteed bench; and
4) One (1) Vandsteed console table.
December 17, 2019
1) One (1) Purdy’s chocolate Holiday Treats gift basket; and
2) One (1) Malvik duvet and queen sized pillow.
December 18, 2019
1) One (1) Purdy’s chocolate Hedgehogs, twenty (20) piece gift box; and
2) One (1) Gamborg gaming chair.
December 19, 2019
1) One (1) Purdy’s chocolate Gourmet, sixteen (16) piece gift box;
2) One (1) Hirsholm queen sized bedspread;
3) One (1) Hirsholm throw pillow;
4) One (1) Anne reversible pillowcase;
5) One (1) Johanne queen sized duvet cover set;
6) One (1) Nadia 100% cotton sheet set;
7) One (1) Stenborg faux fur cushion (45x45cm);
8) One (1) Taks; and
9) One (1) Unique duvet and pillow set.
December 20, 2019
1) One (1) Purdy’s chocolate Purdys Picks twelve (12) month chocolate subscription;
2) One (1) Wellpur F110, ten inch memory foam mattress.
December 23, 2019
1) Three (3) Purdy’s chocolate “Merry and Bright” gift tins;
2) One (1) Nell 100% cotton, queen sized sateen sheet set and pillowcase; and
3) One (1) Ballerup queen sized five (5) piece cotton comforter set.
December 24, 2019
1) One (1) Purdy’s chocolate “Milk & Dark Chocolate Favourites”, one hundred, sixty-four (164) piece gift box; and
2) One (1) Taks rug.
4.2 Grand Prize.
(a) There is one (1) grand prize (the “Grand Prize”) available to be won by the Grand Prize winner (the “Grand Prize Winner”) consisting of a trip for two (2) to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic which includes:
(i) round-trip economy airfare for the Grand Prize Winner and his/her guest (the “Guest”) leaving together from the same gateway, on the same itinerary, from YYZ, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, to Punta Cana;
(ii) Seven (7) nights hotel accommodation at the Paradisus Punta Cana Resort or such other venue to be selected by the Sponsors in their sole discretion for the Grand Prize Winner and Guest based on double occupancy unless otherwise indicated;
(iii) Ground transportation between the airport and the hotel;
(iv) An all-inclusive meal plan for the Grand Prize Winner and Guest for the duration of the Grand Prize; and
(v) All applicable taxes, surcharges and fees.
4.3 Each Daily Prize has an approximate value as set out in the chart above. The Grand Prize has an approximate value of five thousand Canadian dollars (CDN $5,000.00).
4.4 Grand Prize and Daily Prizes are hereafter collectively referred to as “Prize” or “Prizes”. Grand Prize Winner and Daily Prize Winners are hereafter collectively referred to as a “Winner” or “Winners”.
4.5 Winners are not entitled to monetary difference between actual Prize value and stated approximate Prize value, if any.
4.6 The Sponsors and/or the Sponsors’ representatives will contact the Winners to coordinate the provision of the Prizes within three (3) days once such Winners have been successfully contacted and notified of his/her Prize and fulfilled the requirements set out herein. Winners must claim their Prizes in Toronto, Ontario prior to January 31, 2020 or the Prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner.
5. PRIZE CONDITIONS.
5.1 All bookings and/or reservations for the Grand Prize are subject to availability at time of booking. Blackout dates apply, including but not limited to: February 23 to March 22, 2020 and April 5 to April 13, 2020. Reservations must be made prior to October 31, 2020. Grand Prize Winner and Guest participating in the Grand Prize must be available to participate in the Grand Prize from January 5, 2020 to December 18, 2020. Should Grand Prize Winner and/or Guest be unable to participate in the Grand Prize on the dates and times designated by the Sponsors, the Grand Prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. For further clarity, the Grand Prize does not include transportation to and from YYZ.
5.2 Grand Prize Winner and Guest will be responsible for any other expense not explicitly included in the Grand Prize including but not limited to all transportation not included in the Grand Prize, travel and medical insurance, travel documentation, airport improvement fees, bag check fees, taxes, gratuities, telephone calls, optional tours, personal expenses and in-room charges. Grand Prize Winner may be required to present a valid major credit card upon check-in at the hotel to cover any expenses over and above the standard room charge.
5.3 Guest must: (i) be of the age of majority or older in their province or territory of residence; (ii) be legally able to travel to internationally and have any and all necessary documentation as may be required for presentation to Canadian and/or International customs and airport personnel; and (iii) comply with the Contest Rules and sign and return the Release (described in Section 7 below).
5.4 Prizes must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsors. Any unused, unclaimed or declined portion of a Prize will be forfeited, have no cash value and the Sponsors shall have no obligation to provide either an alternative or value-in-kind. The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if a Prize (or any portion thereof) cannot be awarded for any reason.
5.5 Shipped Prizes shall not be insured and the Sponsors shall not assume any liability for lost, damaged or misdirected Prizes.
6. WINNER SELECTION.
6.1 Eighteen (18) Winners shall be selected as follows:
(a) Seventeen (17) Weekly Prize Winners shall be selected as follows:
(i) On or about each day from Tuesday through Friday until December 20, 2019, at 3:00 p.m. ET in Toronto, Ontario, one (1) entrant will be selected by a random draw from the pool of eligible entries received during the preceding twenty-four hour entry period. On our about each Monday, until December 16, 2019, at 3:00 p.m. ET in Toronto, Ontario, one (1) entrant will be selected by a random draw from the pool of eligible entries received during the preceding seventy-two hour entry period. On or about December 31, 2019 at 3:00 p.m. ET in Toronto, Ontario one (1) entrant will be selected by random draw from all the eligible entries received during each of (i) the twenty-four hour period between December 23, 2019 and December 24, 2019; and (ii) the seventy-two hour period between December 20, 2019 and December 23, 2019.
(b) One (1) Grand Prize Winner shall be selected as follows:
(i) On or about December 31, 2019 at 3:00 p.m. ET in Toronto, Ontario one (1) entrant will be selected by random draw from all the eligible entries received during the Contest Period as the potential Grand Prize Winner.
(c) The odds of being selected as a potential winner are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received by the Sponsors. Before being declared a Winner, each selected entrant shall be required to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question to be administered during a pre-arranged telephone call or by e-mail, to comply with the Contest Rules and to sign and return the Release.
(d) EACH SELECTED ENTRANT WILL BE NOTIFIED BY TELEPHONE OR E-MAIL NO LATER THAN DECEMBER 31, 2019 AT 4:00 P.M. PT AND MUST RESPOND WITHIN TWO (2) BUSINESS DAYS OF NOTIFICATION. Upon notification, the selected entrant must respond by telephone or e-mail (as specified in the notification) to the contact number or e-mail address provided no later than the indicated deadline set out in the Contest Rules and/or the notification. If the selected entrant does not respond accordingly, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive a Prize and another entrant may be selected in the Sponsors’ sole discretion until such time as an entrant satisfies the terms set out herein. The Sponsors are not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a selected entrant to receive notification or for the Sponsors to receive a selected entrant’s response.
(e) If, as a result of an error relating to the entry process, drawing or any other aspect of the Contest, there are more selected entrants than contemplated in these Contest Rules, there will be a random draw amongst all eligible Prize claimants after the Contest’s closing date to award the correct number of Prizes.
7. RELEASE. Potential Winners and Guest will be required to execute a legal agreement and release (“Release”) that confirms each potential Winners’ and Guest’s: (i) eligibility for the Contest and compliance with these Contest Rules; (ii) acceptance of the Prize as offered; (iii) release of each of the Sponsors and each of their employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, sponsors, administrators, licensees, representatives, advertising, media buying and promotional agencies (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense arising out of participation in the Contest, participation in any Contest-related activity or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any Prize, including but not limited to costs, injuries, losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising therefrom; and (iv) grant to the Sponsors of the unrestricted right, in the Sponsors’ collective or individual discretion, to produce, reproduce, display, publish, convert, post, serve, broadcast, exhibit, distribute, adapt and otherwise use or re-use the Winners’ and Guest’s name, statements, image, likeness, voice and biography, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, in connection with the Contest and the promotion and exploitation thereof. The executed Release must be returned within two (2) business days of the date indicated on the accompanying letter of notification or the verification as a Winner or the selected entrant will be disqualified and the Prize forfeited.
8. INDEMNIFICATION BY ENTRANT. By entering the Contest, each entrant releases, indemnifies and holds Releasees harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to the entrant or any other person, including personal injury, death, or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from (a) their participation in the Contest or any Contest-related activity; (b) the acceptance, use, or misuse of any Prize; or (c) any breach of the Contest Rules. Each entrant agrees to fully indemnify the Releasees from any and all claims made by third parties relating to the entrant’s participation in the Contest, without limitation.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. The Sponsors assume no responsibility or liability for lost, late, unintelligible/illegible, falsified, damaged, misdirected or incomplete entries, notifications, responses, replies or any Release, or for any computer, online, software, telephone, hardware or technical malfunctions that may occur, including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an entry. The Sponsors are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest. The Sponsors assume no responsibility or liability in the event that the Contest cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, including reasons beyond the control of the Sponsors, such as infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or corruption of the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest and/or the Contest Microsite.
10. CONDUCT. By participating in the Contest, each entrant is deemed to have executed and agrees to be bound by the Contest Rules, which will be posted at the Contest Microsite and made available throughout the Contest Period. Each entrant further agrees to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsors, which shall be final and binding in all respects. The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant found to be: (a) violating the Contest Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest and/or the Contest Microsite or any related promotional website; (c) violating the terms of service, conditions of use and/or general rules or guidelines of any Corus property or service; and/or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass the Sponsors or any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE CONTEST MICROSITE OR ANY RELATED WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. Grand Prize Winner and Guest must at all times behave appropriately when taking part in the Grand Prize and comply with the Contest Rules and any other rules or regulations in force at the hotel and/or any other Grand Prize-related locations. The Sponsors reserve the right to remove from the hotel and/or any other Grand Prize-related locations, any Grand Prize Winner and/or Guest who breaks such rules and/or fails to behave appropriately and to disqualify such Grand Prize Winner and/or Guest. Any disqualified Grand Prize Winner and/or Guest will forfeit any un-awarded elements of the Grand Prize.
11. PRIVACY / USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.
11.1 By participating in the Contest, each entrant: (i) grants to the Sponsors the right to use his/her name, full mailing address, age of majority confirmation, telephone number and e-mail address (collectively the “Personal Information”) for the purpose of administering the Contest, including but not limited to contacting and announcing the Winners and coordinating the provision of the Prizes; (ii) grants to the Sponsors the right to use his/her Personal Information for publicity and promotional purposes relating to the Contest, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, without further compensation unless prohibited by law; and (iii) acknowledges that the Sponsors may disclose his/her Personal Information to third-party agents and service providers of any of the Sponsors in connection with any of the activities listed in (i) and (ii) above.
12. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations is owned by the Sponsors and/or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
13. TERMINATION. The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate the Contest, in whole or in part, and/or modify, amend or suspend the Contest, and/or the Contest Rules in any way, at any time, for any reason without prior notice.
14. LAW. These are the official Contest Rules. The Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Contest Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over the Sponsors. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contest Rules or the rights and obligations as between the entrant and the Sponsors in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws.
15. DISCREPANCY. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
16. SOCIAL MEDIA. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by any social media platforms on which the Contest may have been promoted and/or publicized. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be directed to Corus.