A fire that broke out overnight Sunday has resulted in two people being sent to hospital with serious injuries.
Edmonton Fire and Rescue Services received the call for a structure fire at 119th Avenue and 101st Street just before 3:30 a.m. Monday.
Alberta Health Services confirmed that two seniors were taken to hospital with serious but non-life-threatneing condition.
The fire was under control just before 4 a.m., and declared fully out by fire crews around 4:15 a.m.
EFRS said the cause of the fire was overheated cooking oil.