Environment Canada says the conditions are favorable for the development of tornados and severe thunderstorms this afternoon across parts of southern Manitoba.
The areas include:
- Killarney, Pilot Mound, Manitou
- Morden, Winkler, Altona, Morris
Environment Canada says the main threat from development of severe thunderstorms will be tornadoes, hail the size of dimes, rainfall in excess of 75mm, and wind gusts in excess of 100 km/h.
Environment Canada is also predicting heavy rainfall and thunderstorms for southeastern Manitoba over the coming days, with potential flash flooding.
A special weather statement has been issued for the following areas:
- Bissett – Victoria Beach – Nopiming Prov. Park – Pine Falls
- Sprague – Northwest Angle Provincial Forest
- Steinbach – St. Adolphe – Emerson – Vita – Richer
- Whiteshell – Lac du Bonnet – Pinawa
Showers and thunderstorms are expected to start Monday afternoon and continue into Tuesday, calling for up to 30 mm of rain.