Advertisement

Neighbour saves dogs trapped inside burning home

CALGARY- Two dogs are safe thanks to a quick-thinking neighbour, after a two-alarm house fire.

The blaze broke out in the northeast community of Beddington around 3 p.m. on Wednesday.

Nobody was home at the time, and a neighbour was the one who called 911 before rushing inside to find the screaming dogs.

“Me and a bunch of guys went through the front of the house and there was [sic] dogs screaming,” says neighbour Roby Najmeddine. “There was window beside door that was open already.

“I said ‘is anybody home, is anybody home?’ There was nobody, but there’s two dogs. I unlock the door, I took the dogs out.”

They all managed to escape, before the roof collapsed.

“Fires doubles in size every 30 seconds so it grows very, very quickly,” says Carol Henke from the Calgary Fire Department. “As you can see the roof collapsed, so [it was] a very dangerous situation.”
Story continues below advertisement

The damage was contained to the home and the fire did not spread to any other homes.

So far there is no word on a cause or damage estimate.

Sponsored content