According to Fairhaven executive director Lionel Towns, Peterborough Public Health confirmed the test result and declared an outbreak at the municipally owned facility on Dutton Road.
“We continue to work closely with Peterborough Public Health to monitor the situation,” Towns stated in a media release.
Towns said effective immediately, the following measures will be implemented:
- All residents and staff members will be tested, starting Tuesday.
- All residents in the home areas in which the individual worked will also be tested.
- Contact tracing by the health unit will occur for the staff member who tested positive.
- All general and caregiver visits are halted until the case is resolved.
- All leaves of absences halted until the case is resolved.
Towns said the employee will not be permitted to return to work until 48 hours after they have a negative test result.
“The co-operation of family members and others is critical for keeping Fairhaven residents safe,” he said.
— More to come.View link »