Two teens were sent to hospital late Sunday night after a fight broke out onboard a party bus travelling along Highway 1.
The party bus had stopped on the side of the highway at Gaglardi Way in Burnaby just before midnight when RCMP were called.
Witnesses told police that passengers got off the bus and a fight broke out.
Get breaking National news
A 17-year-old boy was transported to the hospital with life-threatening injuries, police confirmed, and a second 17-year-old boy was also taken to the hospital with minor injures. Both had been stabbed, police said.
The bus was believed to have been travelling through Burnaby from Vancouver to Surrey.
At this time, it is believed this is a targeted incident, RCMP said.
Investigators are looking to talk to anyone who witnessed this incident and for any dashcam video from Sunday night. Contact Burnaby RCMP at 604-646-9999 or for anyone wishing to stay anonymous contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS.
- Shooting at Rhode Island ice rink kills 2 during youth hockey game: police
- Anti-feminist ideology ‘increasingly relevant’ to national security: CSIS
- Savannah Guthrie issues new plea for mother’s return as police clear family
- Tumbler Ridge shooting fuels misinformation about trans people, organization says
Comments
Comments closed.
Due to the sensitive and/or legal subject matter of some of the content on globalnews.ca, we reserve the ability to disable comments from time to time.
Please see our Commenting Policy for more.