Advertisement

Large boa constrictor rescued during Kingston fire call

Click to play video 'Snake rescued in Kingston fire' Snake rescued in Kingston fire
Kingston firefighters went into a smoke-filled home Thursday to save a 2-metre long boa constrictor. – Jan 17, 2020

Firefighters in Kingston, Ont. had to make an unusual rescue when they were called to put out a kitchen fire Wednesday afternoon.

The occupants of the home got out safely,  but firefighters had to rescue a snake in the process.

READ MORE: Kingston firefighters battle blaze on Division Street

Fire crews found heavy smoke and flames in the kitchen when they arrived at the home in the 100 block of Country Club Drive.

The two-metre boa constrictor was found on the main floor of the house, according to a Kingston Fire and Rescue news release.

Officials determined the cause of the blaze was due to cooking.

According to the news release, the house had major smoke damage, but no damage estimate is currently available.

Story continues below advertisement
Click to play video 'Ball python tied up in case of mistaken identity after rescue in Toronto’s east end' Ball python tied up in case of mistaken identity after rescue in Toronto’s east end
Ball python tied up in case of mistaken identity after rescue in Toronto’s east end – Jul 31, 2019

Sponsored content