Emergency crews were called to a fire along Sexsmith Road in Kelowna on Thursday evening.
The fire started around 4:30 p.m., at a small vehicle dealership, with witnesses sending Global News photos of the blaze minutes later.
The Kelowna Fire Department told Global News that a cooking fire inside a travel trailer caused the fiery incident.
The fire department said a security guard was staying inside the trailer and was cooking dinner when a fire on the stove started. The guard tried to put the fire out, but was unsuccessful.
The fire destroyed the travel trailer, and no other vehicles sustained damage, according to the fire department.
In all, nine firefighters and two fire engines attended the blaze, which was quickly doused.