If you’re looking to ring in the new year at a festive celebration, rest assured: there are plenty of events planned around Calgary this year.
Here’s a look at 10 ways you can celebrate New Year’s Eve:
New Year’s Eve fireworks display in downtown Calgary
The City of Calgary is setting off fireworks from the Calgary Tower at midnight.
- Where: The Calgary Tower
- When: Midnight
- Cost: Free
New Year’s Eve dinner at Heritage Park
Enjoy a New Year’s Eve dinner in Heritage Park’s historical village and dine at the Selkirk Grille.
- Where: The Selkirk Grille at Heritage Park, 1900 Heritage Dr. S.W.
- When: 5 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- Cost: Six-course dinner for $90
New Year’s Eve celebration at the Calgary Zoo
- Where: The Calgary Zoo’s Safari Lodge, 210 St. George’s Dr. N.E.
- When: 6 p.m. – 2 a.m.
- Cost: $125
Mystique 2020 masquerade ball
Ring in the new year at the Carriage House Inn with the 11th annual Mystique New Year’s Eve celebration. Guests can buy tickets to three different experiences within the hotel: club, culinary or the Mystique ball. All three events include dinner. After dinner, the rooms will be opened up for guests from all three events to enjoy.
- Where: The Carriage House Inn, 9030 Macleod Trail S.
- When: Begins at 6-6:30 p.m.
- Cost: $115-165
Great Gatsby-inspired Roaring ’20s New Year’s Eve party at Cowboys
Visit Cowboys Dance Hall in your best flapper fashion for their Gatsby — The Roaring ’20s party.
- Where: Cowboys Dance Hall, 421 12 Ave. S.E.
- When: 8 p.m. – 2 a.m.
- Cost: $20-50
Glitter and Glow New Year’s Eve party at Knoxville’s Tavern
Knoxville’s Tavern is hosting a New Year’s Eve bash at the southwestern bar with a theme of glitter and glow.
- Where: Knoxville’s Tavern Calgary, 840 9 Ave. S.W.
- When: 7 p.m.
- Cost: $10-15
NYE 2020 at Music Calgary nightclub
- Where: Music Calgary nightclub, 1140 10 Ave. S.W.
- When: 9 p.m. – 2 a.m.
- Cost: $24.99-49.99
Ranchman’s Roaring ’20s New Year’s Eve party
- Where: Ranchmen’s Cookhouse and Dancehall, 9615 Macleod Trail S.
- When: 5 p.m. – 2 a.m.
- Cost: Free before 9 p.m., $15 general admission, $30 for a dinner package
- Where: Twisted Element, 1006 11 Ave. S.W.
- When: 9 p.m. – 2:30 a.m.
- Cost: $10 in advance, $15 for general admission
Wear all black to lay 2019 to rest at Commonwealth
Commonwealth Bar and Stage is hosting its All-Black Affair New Year’s Eve party to bid farewell to 2019.
- Where: Commonwealth Bar and Stage, 731 10 Ave. S.W.
- When: 7 p.m.
- Cost: Free before 8:30 p.m., $15 after 9:30 p.m.