The City of Winnipeg has instituted a parking ban of some major routes tonight to make way for snow clearing.
The ban starts at 8:00 p.m. Sunday and goes all night until 6:00 a.m. Monday.
READ MORE: Winnipeg implements residential parking ban
The city’s website says the snow hauling operation is meant to improve snow storage capacity.
The affected streets are:
- Archibald Street from Nairn to Elizabeth
- St Mary’s Road from Marion to Dunkirk
- Notre Dame Avenue from Portage to Isabel
- Balmoral Street from Notre Dame to Ellice
- South Osborne Street from Hay to Jubilee
- Stradbrook and River avenues around Osborne Village
- Jubilee Avenue Westbound from Pembina to Cockburn
The city says that signs are posted on all temporary snow routes. All vehicles parked on these streets during the parking ban will be ticketed and towed.
WATCH: Too soon to say: City of Winnipeg on snow clearing budget status