Three school buses in New Minas, N.S., were destroyed after they caught fire in a gas station parking lot Saturday morning.
New Minas Volunteer Fire Department Chief James Redmond says firefighters received a call about a bus fire on Prospect Road around 9:50 a.m.
Redmond says crews arrived to find one bus fully engulfed. He says it only took a few minutes for the fire in the first bus to spread to the other two.
Redmond says a fourth school bus sustained minor damage.
It is believed the fire started in the engine of one bus due to a malfunction with the electrical wiring.
Along with New Minas firefighters, EHS and the RCMP also responded to the scene. There were no injuries.