June 25, 2018 7:53 pm
Updated: June 25, 2018 7:57 pm

1 person rushed to hospital after northeast Edmonton townhouse fire

A man was taken to hospital after a fire at a townhouse on McLeod Road Monday afternoon. June 25, 2018.

Global News
A A

One person was trapped inside the basement of an Edmonton townhouse before being rescued by firefighters Monday afternoon.

Crews were called at 4:47 p.m. and arrived at the home on 54 Street near McLeod Road at 4:51 p.m.

Seven fire crews were on scene and the fire was considered under control as of 5:07 p.m.

The injured person was a man who is approximately 50 years old and was taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation.

The blaze is contained to the basement of the townhouse.

— More to come… 

© 2018 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.

Report an error

Comments

Want to discuss? Please read our Commenting Policy first.