Advertisement

Las Vegas shooting: Some injured didn’t realize they had been shot

Click to play video: 'Las Vegas PD provide timeline on Mandalay Bay shooting' Las Vegas PD provide timeline on Mandalay Bay shooting
WATCH ABOVE: Las Vegas PD provide timeline on Mandalay Bay shooting – Oct 4, 2017

LAS VEGAS – An official at a suburban Las Vegas hospital says some of the people injured in the deadliest mass shooting in modern U.S. history didn’t initially realize they had been shot.

Dr. Sean Dort is a trauma surgeon and the trauma centre medical director at the Dignity Health-St. Rose Dominican Hospital’s Siena campus in Henderson.

WATCH: Taber man recovering after being shot in Las Vegas shooting

Click to play video: 'Taber man recovering after being shot in Las Vegas shooting' Taber man recovering after being shot in Las Vegas shooting
Taber man recovering after being shot in Las Vegas shooting – Oct 4, 2017

He says some people called from home to ask for their bullets to be removed. He says others first went to their family doctors before being directed to the Henderson hospital.

Story continues below advertisement

READ MORE: What we know and don’t know about Las Vegas shooting

Fifty-eight people were killed and more than 500 were injured Sunday night when a gunman perched in a hotel casino tower opened fire at the Route 91 Harvest Festival, an outdoor country music festival.

Those injured have landed in 13 hospitals scattered across southern Nevada.

People run outside the Mandalay Bay Hotel after a gunman opened fire on attendees of the Route 91 Harvest Music Festival in Las Vegas, U.S., October 1, 2017 in this still image obtained from social media video. TWITTER/ @MORGANDBAMBI via REUTERS

Sponsored content