Quebec hasn’t had a provincial election this exciting for decades and Global has the ability to cover election night like never before thanks to our online arsenal.
This should make for a riveting election night on the Global News website in Montreal, as well as on our special election night broadcast at 11 p.m.
Here’s what you can expect on Tuesday, September 4:
1. Full live interactive results online at our Decision Quebec microsite for all 125 Quebec ridings as soon as they are available – and an election call by the Global News decision desk as soon as it’s made.
2. Live election night coverage with Jamie Orchard, broadcast from the Global Montreal newsroom starting at 11 p.m. ET., when the results start to flood in. Tune in via Videotron’s Illico 608, Videotron Cable 3, Videotron Illico 8, Shaw Satellite 59, Bell Satellite 234, and over the air on UHF channel 15.
3. An election night liveblog capturing Global reporters’ observations from the field, along with running commentary on the election results from users like you.
4. Frequently updated stories on the election outcome in Montreal, across the Island, and in the rest of Quebec. Professor Bruce Hicks will provide colourful political analysis on what it all means.
5. Archived video of the highlights of the night, including the speeches delivered by Parti Quebecois leader Pauline Marois, Coalition Avenir Quebec leader Francois Legault, Quebec Liberal Party leader Jean Charest and Quebec Solidaire leaders Amir Khadir and Francoise David.
6. Tons of updates via Twitter from @global_montreal – including riding-by-riding decisions.
7. Updates on Facebook, where we keep the conversation going with our engaged Facebook community. Join the conversation and your comments may be used on our election night broadcast.