VAUDREUIL – The Town of Vaudreuil-Dorion has issued a boil water notice until further notice after an electrical issue caused a water service interruption.
The notice took effect on Monday and was revised Tuesday to include two more streets.
All residents of the Vaudreuil area and certain sections of Dorion must boil tap water for at least one minute before consumption.
A full list of the affected areas can be seen here.
Water must be boiled for one minute before using it to:
- Drink and prepare beverages;
- Prepare bottles and baby food;
- Wash and prepare raw food (fruits, vegetables);
- Prepare food which does not require prolonged cooking (can of soup, desserts);
- Make ice cubes;
- Brush your teeth and rinse your mouth
The town also recommends disposing of ice cubes, drinks and foods prepared on or after June 20 with water that was not boiled.
Water can still be used without boiling to:
- Wash dishes in hot water;
- Wash clothes
- Shower or bathe (be sure to avoid swallowing the water)
The restrictions will be in place until further notice. For information regarding the boil water notice, contact the water plant department at (450) 455-3371 ext. 2600.