Advertisement

Suspect in ‘unprovoked’ 2012 barroom bottle attack may be back in Hamilton: police

Richard Dolson is seen in this handout photo from Hamilton police. Investigators believe he may have returned to the Hamilton area. Hamilton Police Service/Handout

Hamilton police are searching for a 27-year-old man wanted in connection with a 2012 bar fight that left a man with ongoing injuries from an alleged bottle attack, and they believe he may have returned to the area.

Police responded to reports of a fight at The Pour House at 1115 Fennell Ave. E. in Hamilton on Dec. 18, 2012.

Investigators said two men who did not previously know each other, one 36 and one 24, were drinking at the bar when the younger man picked up a glass bottle and struck the older man on the side of his head causing serious injuries.

For news impacting Canada and around the world, sign up for breaking news alerts delivered directly to you when they happen.

Get breaking National news

For news impacting Canada and around the world, sign up for breaking news alerts delivered directly to you when they happen.
By providing your email address, you have read and agree to Global News' Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy.

The alleged victim was taken to hospital and treated initially and continues to receive treatment as a result of what police called an “unprovoked attack.”

In 2014, Hamilton police issued an arrest warrant for Richard Dolson on a charge of assault causing bodily harm.

Story continues below advertisement

Police said Dolson refused to surrender and that he then fled from the province, but investigators said Wednesday they believed Dolson had returned to the Hamilton area and are asking the public for help in apprehending him.

Anyone with information on Dolson is asked to contact Det. David Brady or Det. Christine Bezeau at 905-546-3873 or to call Crime Stoppers.

Sponsored content

AdChoices