TORONTO — Provincial police have lifted lockdown and hold-and-secure warnings at several schools in Caledon, Ont. that had been prompted by two separate police investigations.
Caledon OPP said there was a robbery at one school and a student received a digital photo of a weapon at another.
Police said the student contacted school administration to report that he had received the photo of a gun at about 1:10 p.m. at Mayfield Secondary School on Wednesday. Police said the investigation is ongoing but confirmed that no threat had been made.
- Quebec man must pay $1K over using fake AI-generated legal cases, court rules
- Father convicted in Montreal girl’s murder wanted to testify away from jury
- New trial ordered for B.C. man convicted in killing of ex-girlfriend’s chihuahua
- 2 men charged in connection with fatal shooting of man in Langley taxi
Peel District School Board spokeswoman Carla Pereira said that the school was on lockdown Wednesday afternoon, along with neighbouring James Grieve Public School, due to the investigation.
Get breaking National news
Police also said that at 1:12 pm, a robbery occurred in a park adjacent to Humberview Secondary School in Caledon. One victim was assaulted and suffered minor injuries.
OPP said in a release that they have a suspect in custody in that case, and can confirm that the person is not a Humberview Secondary School student.
Humberview Secondary School and neighbouring school James Bolton Public School were on hold-and-secure, but those orders were lifted Wednesday afternoon.
Police said both investigations are currently ongoing and more information will be released as soon as it becomes available.
Comments
Comments closed.
Due to the sensitive and/or legal subject matter of some of the content on globalnews.ca, we reserve the ability to disable comments from time to time.
Please see our Commenting Policy for more.