Judicial pretrial for Ghomeshi sex assault case to continue on April 28
TORONTO – The sexual assault case involving disgraced former broadcaster Jian Ghomeshi will next be in court at the end of April.
In a brief appearance at a Toronto courtroom Friday, Ghomeshi’s lawyer said she and a Crown prosecutor had met before a judge earlier in the day for a judicial pretrial.
Marie Henein asked that the “ongoing” proceeding be scheduled to resume on April 28.
Ghomeshi, the former host of CBC Radio’s cultural affairs show “Q,” was not present in court.
He faces seven counts of sexual assault and one of overcoming resistance by choking.
Ghomeshi has admitted engaging in rough sex but said it was consensual.
© 2015 The Canadian Press