New court date set for Jian Ghomeshi sexual assault case
TORONTO – A new court date has been set for Feb. 26 in the Jian Ghomeshi sexual assault case.
Lawyer Danielle Robitaille appeared in court Wednesday without the former CBC host who wasn’t required to show up.
Robitaille told the court they have received more than 1000 pages of disclosure from the crown and more items are expected.
Ghomeshi currently faces seven sexual assault charges stemming from allegations that span from 2002 to 2008.
In a court appearance in January, it was revealed that three new complainants have come forward resulting in three additional charges.
He originally faced five criminal charges, including four counts of sexual assault and one charge of choking, in relation to alleged assault incidents involving three other women.
Ghomeshi had previously denied the allegations in multiple Facebook posts and said while he engaged in rough sex, his relationships with women were consensual.
The radio host was subsequently fired by the CBC in October.